4013 - Structural Designer / Engineer
This job posting addresses the position of a Structural Designer / Engineer. All applicants interested in the Senior Engineer position are asked to refer to the corresponding job posting with the related number.
Knippers Helbig is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please understand that due to the volume of applications we will only be responding to those applicants selected for further consideration.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter indicating the earliest date at which you could start, your curriculum vitae (CV), and a project list or portfolio indicating your contribution and responsibilities. Applications shall be sent by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application with the number 4013.
Master’s Degree with an excellent GPA or foreign degree equivalent in Civil / Structural Engineering, with an emphasis on the structural design of buildings
- At least one year of full-time structural design experience
- Experience using finite element analysis software
- Willingness to learn new analysis software (SOFISTIK) quickly
- Experience with Rhino5, AutoCAD, and Revit is preferred
- Experience with scripting/coding is desired
- Some knowledge of German is desired but not required
- Good communication skills for collaborative and team-based work
- Excellent planning and organization skills for a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with the ability to work independently
- EIT / PE license desired, but not required
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Assist in developing and communicating structural concepts
- Attend occasional meetings with the architect and design team to establish the project requirements and discuss design issues
- Assist in developing appropriate design criteria for the building structure
- Analyze and design structural elements and systems for steel, concrete, timber, and masonry buildings in accordance with the appropriate building codes and design standards
- Perform complex analytical procedures
- Assist in preparing construction documents and specifications for structural systems
- Assist in preparing design and calculation reports presenting the structural design to the client, design team, and/or building authorities