4014 - Senior Structural Engineer - New York City
Knippers Helbig Inc. is an innovative international engineering firm with about 70 employees and offices in Stuttgart, New York, and Berlin. We are a highly motivated, creative, and dynamic team of engineers, architects, and technical designers/modelers. Our projects are diverse and cover all aspects of structural design and facade consulting. They range from traditional building construction to specialized structures such as bridges, airports, and pavilion structures.
Our New York office is seeking two motivated, creative, and capable engineers to work in a growing multidisciplinary team engaged in the design of a variety of demanding and challenging building projects located worldwide.
This job posting addresses the position of a Senior Engineer requiring a minimum of four years work experience. All applicants interested in the Structural Designer / Engineer position are asked to refer to the corresponding job posting with the number above.
Knippers Helbig is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please understand that due to the volume of applications we will only be responding to those applicants selected for further consideration.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter indicating the earliest date at which you could start, your curriculum vitae (CV), and a project list or portfolio indicating your contribution and responsibilities. Applications shall be sent by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark your application with the number 4014.
For questions please contact Florian Meier, +1 212-313-9618 x 104
- Master’s Degree with an excellent GPA or foreign degree equivalent in Civil / Structural Engineering, with an emphasis on the structural design of buildings
- Minimum four years related experience in structural design
- Experience using finite element analysis software
- Willingness to learn new analysis software (SOFISTIK) quickly
- Experience with Rhino5, AutoCAD, and Revit is preferred
- Some knowledge of German is desired but not required
- Good communication skills for collaborative and team-based work
- Some project management experience
- Excellent planning and organization skills for a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with the ability to work independently
- PE and/or SE license is not required but highly preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Develop and communicate structural concepts in collaboration with the architect, design team, and client.
- Attend regular meetings and communicate with the architect, design team, and client to establish the project requirements and discuss design issues
- Perform basic project management duties including (but not limited to) supervising less senior staff, resource coordination, and communication with project team
- Develop appropriate design criteria for the building structure
- Analyze and design structural elements and systems for steel, concrete, timber, and masonry buildings in accordance with the appropriate building codes and design standards
- Perform complex analytical procedures
- Prepare construction documents and specifications for structural systems
- Prepare design and/or calculation reports explaining the structural systems for submission to the client and design team and/or building authorities